The gorgeous Seacoast of New Hampshire is a truly unforgettable getaway destination, no matter the time of year you visit. If you’re looking for the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire, you’re in the right spot! Our historic Bed and Breakfast is located in the charming town of Exeter, NH – and a town steeped in history, charm, and natural beauty. There are many reasons to consider our Inn the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire, but it starts with our dedication to excellence.
The understated elegance of our Inn perfectly compliments the laid-back vibe of the Seacoast, where you’re free to spend your days driving through the scenic countryside, meandering the charming small towns, walking the gorgeous coastline, and otherwise unwinding from the stress of modern-day life. This truly is the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire – a statement we think you’ll agree with the moment you walk through our front door.
More than simply a place to rest your head at night, our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast offers a home away from home. We’re here to help you celebrate life’s biggest – and smallest – moments and everything in between. If you want to experience what makes us the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire, head to our website to book a room in Exeter’s #1 Bed and Breakfast.
Best Place to Stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire
The Seacoast of New Hampshire truly offers some of the best of this incredible state. From stunning beaches and coastal views to charming towns, great restaurants, vibrant communities, and sensational natural beauty, there are plenty of fantastic things to do on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. To elevate your stay, stay at the stunning Inn by the Bandstand, rated as the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire.
No singular thing makes our Inn the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. Rather, it’s a composite of things that work in concert, setting us apart from our competition in a way you must experience to understand. To start, our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast offers a relaxed, upscale ambiance that is perfect for romantic getaways.
Our Federal-style mansion was built in 1809. The elegance of this home will sweep you off your feet and take you back in time to a bygone era of gilded elegance. We may offer upscale, historic accommodations, but we are far from your stuffy, old-fashioned Bed and Breakfast. Throughout your stay, we’ll treat you to our award-winning hospitality, including dedicated concierge service.
The Inn by the Bandstand is part of the Select Registry group of boutique properties and is one of the few Four Diamond, AAA-rated venues in New Hampshire. These accolades set us apart as the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire – but the level of attention paid to every detail of your stay truly makes the Inn by the Bandstand stand out as the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire.
Inside this historic Inn, you’ll find several elegant common areas and eight stunning guest rooms. Each guest room is outfitted with luxurious amenities, antiques, fine art, and the creature comforts you crave from home. There are two large suites, each with a king bed and two twin beds in a separate room, two junior suites with king beds, and four rooms with queen beds, two of which are on the top floor and have kitchenettes. Seven of the guest rooms feature a working fireplace.
Finally, we offer access to two of the best restaurants in Exeter, NH. One, Ambrose, is owned and operated by the Inn at the Bandstand, and it features a Tapas-style menu and is the perfect place to relax and enjoy an evening of inspired dishes and delightful cocktails. The other, Otis Restaurant, is co-located on the same property as Inn by the Bandstand and serves various creative and seasonally-inspired dishes. As if we needed one more reason to call ourselves the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire!
With so much to offer, it’s easy to see why the Inn by the Bandstand is rated as one of the best places to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire.
Things to do on the Seacoast This Fall
Fall is more than a beautiful time to visit the Seacoast of New Hampshire – it’s also the perfect time to retreat somewhere special with your loved one for some quality one-on-one time together. Though we certainly wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to get cozy and stay in our boutique hotel for the duration of your time here, we also wouldn’t blame you for wanting to get out and explore this fantastic area.
There are so many wonderful things to do on the Seacoast of this Hampshire. It doesn’t matter the season you visit, we can always guide you to plenty of fun and exciting attractions and activities. Below, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite things to do on the Seacoast of New Hampshire in the fall.
- Take a walk along the Swasey Parkway or Exeter River Trail and enjoy the unbeatable scenery this small, historic town has to offer.
- After your walk, head into downtown Exeter and enjoy the charming shops you’ll find there.
- Taking Scenic Drives through the countryside is one of our favorite things to do on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. Driving through this scenic, rural countryside is pretty year-round, but it’s especially magical under the vibrant canopy of fall foliage. Great drives include Portsmouth/New Castle on Route 1b, Hampton Beach to Hampton Falls and Exeter, and the Coastal Byway.
- Hiking is also a great way to get out and enjoy time together. Great places to hike this fall include Stratham Hill Fire Tower, Pawtuckaway State Park, and the Hillzilla Trail and Red Loop in Exeter.
- If you’d rather explore on two wheels, rent a bike locally and head out to the Rockingham Recreational Rail Trail, one of our favorite things to do on the Seacoast of New Hampshire.
- There’s nothing more “fall” than heading to a local farm for apple picking. Local favorites include Vernon Family Farm in Newfields, Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls, and Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury.
- Whether you have a kid attending the Phillips Exeter Academy or not, fall is a wonderful time to walk the well-landscaped grounds and trails of this famed school.
- Take a drive and visit the many New Hampshire-covered bridges on the Seacoast. It’s a fun way to explore the area!
With so many great things to do on the Seacoast and unparalleled accommodations to come home to at the end of the day, is it any wonder we’re the best place to stay on the Seacoast of New Hampshire? Don’t miss your chance to visit this fall – book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!